Friday, September 29, 2006

My Power Take Off

I will be on (as my office terms it) PTO from Saturday the 30th of September for 10 whole glorious days. As far as I knew this was called a vacation or leave, and I have no idea what PTO means. Being a person who would not take ignorance lying down (I prefer a semi-slouched position for that) I asked Wikipedia what PTO meant... and here are the results..

  1. United States Patent and Trademark Office or any other Patent and Trademark Office
  2. Power take-off
  3. Pacific Theater of Operations - World War II
  4. The inscription "Please Turn Over!" at the bottom of a sheet of paper
  5. "P:T:O:", a music track on the Klaus Schulze album Body Love (1977)
  6. Paid Time Off - used as an abbreviation for holidays in USA
  7. Parent-Teacher Organization, a decision-making body at many schools.
  8. P.T.O., The Phantom of the Opera-- the original novel or an adaptation (movie/musical/literature) or the Phantom character from any of these.
1) US Patent Office - Nope! When I do invent something (Like pre-chewed bubble gum) it will be for the greater common good. I refuse to patent something that will take mankind to the next level.

2) Power Take-Off - This sounds cool, and I wish I was doing that.... but as it turns out, its got a pretty numbing definition. Turns out it isn't even a thing to do.... Herz what it actually is.

A power take-off (PTO) is a splined driveshaft, usually on a tractor or truck that can be used to provide power to an attachment or separate machine

3 & 4) Let's not even consider this one.

5) Am not scheduled to be part of any musical till 2016.

6) Paid Time Off - Hmm....this does make sense!!!

7) No kids! Am not a teacher! So no PTA

8)
Naah! Broadway musicals are not not my tumbler of kaapi....


So here goes, I will be on Personal Time Off for 10 whole days, and chilling out in Leh, Ladakh.

This is good news for you, since (I assume and hope) that in Leh, Net refers to something that they use to keep mosquitoes away, and broadband is
a group of promiscuous women instrumentalists, I will not be blogging for the entire period.

No comments:

Post a Comment