Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Hero for Today

If I wasn't such a poor cartoonist (among other things), I would have started my own comic strip. My love for this medium is well known among my friends. (The others can refer to this post.) While traveling back from Chennai I was day-dreaming about my strip and its central character. I have decided that it is going to be (or rather never going to be, since I am sure I will not magically acquire the talent) a Superhero Strip.... I might try exploring the possibilities of working with someone for the artwork (Is there a cartoonist in the house?) or changing the format from a cartoon to flash fiction.

Anyway without further ado....I present to you...


When the world is sleeping..... HE is hard at work... (background sound: keyboard, people talking politely)

But when world is wide awake, HE is fighting for them... between 2PM and 6PM on weekdays. Presenting .... The Call Center Kid

Real Name: Anand (Andy at work)

Works as: Collections Agent

Work Timings:
As Andy-The Collector: 7PM to 3AM IST
As 'The CC Kid': 2PM - 6PM

Super Hero Powers:
Ability to feign any accent
Ability to work on Indian holiday like Diwali and Dusherra

Super Hero Wheels:
Tata Indicab (Saving up for a bike)

Any further ideas for our new age superhero? Specifically..

* His 'arch enemy'
* His weakness




btw, a big Yea! for Firefox 2.0 and its inbuilt spell check.

1 comment: