Monday, September 25, 2006

Memories....

Many of you....Okay, 3 of you, asked me about the earliest memories post in vixlist.

Here's what they were all about...

(To paraphrase Forrest Gump) I dont remember being born..or my first Diwali.. But these were some of the memories which spilled out when I dug my hands upto elbows into my brain's dusty old Trunk Potti It really is funny what a guy remembers..and what he doesnt.

The balcony scene... is from Sambalpur, where I was born. Dont remember anything else about that town..never lived there. The rest... from the Hill Station of Ranchi..which is in present day Jharkhand. I had an operation when I was young (About a year old I am told).... but strangely If I wasnt told of it....I wouldnt know about it at all. The incident of me mistaking my blood for red paint was one of my grandfather's favourite tales.....

The 'rrrrr' post has a nice story behind it, which I will save for a later day.... :-)

Reminds me of a Calvin and Hobbes strip. ( Calvin: I am going to write my autobiography. Hobbes: But you are only 6 years old.. Calvin: Thats all right, I have only 1 sheet of paper. )

1 comment:

  1. Dude, you reminded me that i have to write on my old memories too - wondering years (!wonder years), but i will postpone it for the time being. i love wasting time and i know procrastination is its best fren.

    ReplyDelete