Saturday, November 29, 2008

Mad Sad Glad Lad

Strangely enough, my first reaction to the Mumbai terror attack was not shock, or sadness or gloom. It was anger... And I wasn't angry at the terrorists...nothing better is expected from them. I was...am mad at the government. And the face of the most incompetent home minister... person since the dawn of time keeps cropping up in my mind and driving me angrier. I mean what the fuck!!! This M@*** F##*3r is still in office? Why the fuck can't these numbnuts in the terrorist outfits get someone like him in the cross-fire at least. At least George Bush reacted after finishing 'My Pet Goat'... I don't see the press even barely mentioning any statement from him, leave alone grilling him about his performance or highlighting it to the public.

I am mad at the media too... and describing their coverage during and after would only make me madder. You know how its been,

When the anger abated, the sadness crept in. I was afraid we were getting numb to these. Kinda like how we 'see through' the poverty, the bad roads, and are learning to 'kindly adjust' with terrorism. The TV flashes 'War by terrorism'... not a 'War on Terrorism' that we are used to seeing on CNN or any American network.

And the weather isn't helping either. Its been cloudy and drizzling past two days.

But there were things I am glad for. And all of them for purely selfish reasons.
I am glad I am safe.
I am glad people I know are safe.
I am glad it didn't happen in my city.
I am glad that this brings hope that terrorism might be a higher priority than inflation among people. *
I am glad my TV remote was working
I am glad because I finally got the new SixPence album...and gladder that its amazing.


Peace.


* In a recent survey...as recent as last week, the top concern among middle class in India was Price Rise....I forgot the 2nd concern...but terrorism was 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment