Thursday, December 11, 2008

Nerd in the iron mask

Sometime during the final year of my graduation, I resolved to have a makeover. I was tired of being known as the computer geek and wanted a 'cooler' image. Moreover it was getting tiring as every friend, and friend's friend called me for PC fixing. And my dream of having a buxom babe call me over on the pretext of a computer incident remained.


So out went the mustachioed geek, and vikram 2.0 (uh oh!) was born. But as I found out eventually, (and you realized when i mentioned the version number) the geek was  far from gone. He makes his appearance every now and then...thankfully without the mouche....


The latest example was my obsession over my latest gimmick. So please indulge me and let me narrate how I logged into my laptop now.


1) I turned it on.
2) I looked at the screen


.....


That's it. I installed a face recognition software. For the uninitiated, its the same thing that Saif Ali Khan talks about in the Lenovo ad.


After several unsuccessful attempts, and then finally babysitting my laptop while it downloaded the entire 83 MB of it, i managed to set up a system which logs into my PC. Something I have ....uh..been doing for ages at a much faster pace.  But at least the evildoers who take away my laptop would not be able to break in and steal my downloaded songs..unless they type in 'abc' as my password....


The geek made quite a few appearances more this week. He made me spend (waste?) nearly 1 thousand bucks for a software for the mobile which will turn it into a universal remote control. 


I wanna watch the Hulk movie again since I have a newfound sympathy for Bruce Banner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment