Friday, December 29, 2006

Spam Back

Sometime back, I had written about how I got back at spammers

I got some suggestions on 'best practices' followed by some of my friends. One of my friends actually subscribes to paper spam. He fills out any of the forms which ask for his address but ignores the ones which ask for email. He apparently gets about 4-5 envelopes everyday from Vacation Time shares, Credit Cards, Jewellery, Magazines and Major Religions/Cults.

And herz what he does with them:

  • Good 'Toilet Reading' material
  • Some of them contain useful stuff like Calendars
  • Stuff for his toddler to tear up/scribble/drool or whatever
  • And 'Raddi' paper if nothing else.
I suggest that he mails back the self-addressed 'Postage paid by addressee' envelops so that our cash strapped postal department can make some money out of these morons. I assume they don't subsidize the mailing cost of envelopes though. God save them if they do.

I was also kinda hoping I could get one of these phone lines like they kind the 'Party Line' and 'Astro Line' have... you know...where you are charged 6 bucks per minute for calling them, and the money goes to the people running these 'services'.

I wanna get one of these lines and go around town dropping my number to all the cold calling morons and just watch my bank balance swell while they try to convince me that a personal loan at 144% p.a is good just because its 'pre-approved'.

No comments:

Post a Comment