Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Ewww

Am not sure if this is for real, but it looks horrid enough to be. Check out the 're-invention' of Betty & Veronica from Archies.

Okay, I admit I don't fit into their target audience anymore and it really has been ages since I read a new one (I flip through the old digests since the stories are perfect for bathroom reading).
But this just seems ghastly.

If Charlie Brown could go through all those years wearing the sweater with the zig zag pattern and Calvin with his striped tee why not the Riverdale gang? (Ya Ya! The Peanuts strip did go through a lot of stylistic changes over the years, but thats not the point.)

I think the committee managing the strip ought to relook at content. When was the last time you read an Archie story that wasn't a rehash of a rehash of a rehash of a lame story to begin with.




Update: It's just been about half hour, and I've already begun to find the new artwork 'okay'. Considering the disaster that was 'The New Archies' (remember that anyone?) I am not sure if this one is going to last long though.



No comments:

Post a Comment