Sunday, December 17, 2006

Spam Spam Spam Spam

During the course of a normal day, I end up answering 4-5 calls from credit card companies, clubs, phone companies, matrimonial services (take my word for it) etc.

I usually save all these numbers under the group 'spam'. You would be surprized at how many times you get calls from the same numbers. Almost half of my junk calls originate from the same numbers. I figure its a 'phone call sweat shop' which works for multiple clients and they prolly invested in database of a list of numbers and try to maximize their investment by calling each number for each of their clients.

In any case, it used to be a big time saver since I would see 'Spam' in the caller ID and would not pick up the phone. But then, I got this idea. Over the next month (In October and November), I filled up every darn form asking for feedback and numbers and lucky draws and free Everything Extravaganza and Discount Sales and Promotions and all. And instead of giving my number, I filled up these numbers from the Spam group.

Now, whenever I feel down or depressed, I just imagine these spamming morons calling each other up and tying up their phone lines, selling them crap they don't need. There, am smiling again. Life's good.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a good job of marketing your blog by putting it under your email signature (another subtle way of spamming?)....any ways i enjoyed your way of getting even with the spammers...now when ever i feel low, i will think of the guys from your spam list...

    anil

    ReplyDelete