Thursday, July 15, 2004

Mukund

Date: 1st December 1996.

I first came to know about Mukund thru Vijay when I joined Inter. Vijay asked me to mingle with this boy called Mukund who would be my senior. Vijay painted quite a picture of him. A studious nerd with a bunch of cronies. He also told me that Mukund was a tamilian and that I should try and make him my guru...sort of.

I never paid this characted a second thought. But when some doubts about some computerese arose, I din't want to ask Vijay. So this Mukund characted came into my mind. That week, KG bus came quite late in the evening. So while standing, I chanced upon this nerdy looking, brown guy next to me and I suddenly felt that he is Mukund. And it was. Due to the awe inspiring picture that Vijay had painted of him, I wanted him to be my guru/friend. I talked to him about my likes and dislikes, heavily critisizing Heavy Metal etc. I was pretty sure that his tastes would be similiar to mine. How wrong I was. He and Me were poles apart. He abhorred Tamil music and swam in Heavy Metal. So, In short I made an utter fool of myself.

Me and Nimish, have played a signinficant role in Mukund's life, wether he realizes it or not. We have helped him go back to his childhood which I feel he has missed, although I don't have any idea why. Wether he would acknowledge it or not, If it were not for us, The little bit of humanness in him would have been destroyed. Mukund's best friend ( and my good friend) Sarosh, is a normal person as such. So I don't know why Mukund has turned out this way. All the time Mukund spent with Me and Nimish, he chided us of being childish. I agreed. We were in no hurry to grow up. But I knew that Mukund wanted to be one of us. Something he has not been able to do till today.

I have always felt that a persons maturity lies in the way he/she handles his/her first crush. And since Mukund was mature ( that's what I thought) I was surprized when he had this hopeles crush on Rimli. He was this typical boy in love. Making an ass of himself and causing his friends a lot of misery. I don't want to relate all the incidents that took place during this period. I hope you remember them. These incidents have made me realize Mukund's immaturity.
Too much negative has been said about him so far. But there is a lot more to say. Today, Mukund has a persecution complex. He feels that everyone around him are talking about him and talking real dirty about him. And in the positive side, Mukund is different. He is not your average Tom, Dick and Harry. His thoughts are different. Though I am not close enough to him to know his goals. I can say for sure that Mukund has only two images as his future. Either he will be a huge success or a miserable failure. And I really hope that he succeds. But not before he faces some real failures. And unless he recovers from the shell he is in now, I fear the first image can be ruled out.

And the only reason I continue this relationship with this person is for his knowledge, software and my pity for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment