Wednesday, July 28, 2004

The Idea

The creation of the universe has long been argued about by philosophers, scientists and religious heads. While the formers views about it vary with every phase of the moon, the tide and flapping of butterfly wings, the other two have been at loggerheads with each other.  Scientists have theories ranging from the bizarre to the downright silly, while the religious heads (when they are not wrestling each other) agree that a supreme being created the universe on a rather boring Wednesday afternoon.

However, the incident which we are about to witness holds no relevance to all this, for it occurred much before we humans existed and pondered over questions such as our own existence or whether our clothes made our rear ends look swelled up.

It was a place which would be considered seedy by many of us, but for the two friends this was where they had first met and over many drinks had realized that though their jobs kept them at different ends of the pole, they had everything else in common.

As he walked in thru the haze, his eyes were looking for his friend. He hoped and was sure that drinks had already been ordered and was keen to know the reason for his being here. He spotted the “I Am Him” T-Shirt and headed towards it.

“So what was the all that about? You sounded so darn excited I left mid-way at work and rushed over. This had better be important!”

His friend seemed to be busy writing down something and over the loud music didn’t seem to have heard a word of what he said.

“Hey! What you busy with?” he asked, as he sat down right opposite his friend. His eyes quickly darted about and noticed that drinks indeed were already present and this produced a smile on his face.

“Oh, Hi! Sorry, didn’t see you come in… I ordered you a drink. And what I am busy with, is the reason why I called you over.  At work yesterday, I hit upon an idea, and its been bugging me like a forgotten lyric ever since. ”

What’s it about?

Remember the company’s last project?

The  one which was scrapped? How can I forget XPV3213. It had me working weekends. What about it ?

I was thinking about what went wrong with it, and how all the hard work we put in went to waste. And believe it or not,  I think I might have come up with a solution.

We quit and find better jobs?

Stop kidding! This is serious. Listen up, my idea just might make Universe Implementation Projects  work.

No Kiddin! Wait a sec, let me order something more. I am quite hungry.

By the time the order arrived, the conversation begun. Pages filled with obscure phrases – poorly drawn sketches and incomprehensible bulleted points flew up.  The Pandora’s box had opened.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, Nice start. What happens next? Reminds me of am idea I had and had discussed it over a round of dry martini.

    ReplyDelete