Saturday, January 02, 2010

Wooow! Let's do that again...NOT!

Apart from the Jackson family, and AP politicians I am not sure too many people can claim a very eventful 2009.


The year began with a Bang! Just a day after my birthday, I was one among 50k (including 'ghost' employees) witnesses who had a ring side view of apna Saccham sinking. A few weeks of excitement were followed by a couple of months of uncertainity, gloom, doom...and loads of fun (hey...the teacher and the principal are busy with school inspection... we are going to party, so what if the exams are next week...right???)


And what followed the uncertainity, gloom and doom? Well, we did get to know what is going to happen to us. And we did not like it. It was apparent that me and my whole team would be among the many to be 'let go'. 


And the economy being what it was, I was recieving an average of 1.3 job related emails a month. And they were for jobs like crash test dummy, and ear shaver for Laloo Prasad.


So here I was in a sinking ship, in shark infested waters, and don't forget that we were expecting a baby at that time. And to make matters worse, all this tension did nothing to reduce my weight. I weighed as much as I ever did, and my sleep? If anything I was sleeping longer hours.


If there is an award for the luckiest jhastard of 2009, I deserve at least to be nominated. Seriously!! (touchwood touchwood)


The roller coster ride continued...and the 2nd half was the fun part.


While many of my colleagues and friends had their luck deserting them, I got a job from Microsoft no less!! And what's better than joining Microsoft you ask? Its leaving it for an even better prospect. I know many reading this blog would not agree that my current job is better, but this is my life, my career, and my blog...so I know best! :-)


So while people had to undergo some of their worst career phases, I ended up being where I dreamt of going. And seemingly in one fell swoop!


But the best was yet to come...


Good things...no amazing things come in the tiniest of packages!


I knew it was going to be fun. But didn't realize it would be so awesome. Giving me hours of pure fun non-stop! Teeny Tiny thingy!!


:)


I am of course, referring to my lil Nintendo Wii


Jokes apart, My favourite moment of 2009 was on 31st. When the tiniest member of my family was full of New Year spirit and screaming and giggling like her tiny screws came lose. Maybe she knows things are going to be even better in 2010. Or maybe she knows that it doesn't matter. 


In 2009, we became a family. And that made it possibly the best year ever.  



No comments:

Post a Comment