Monday, July 28, 2008

Otherchucker!


Location: Hyderabad International Airport

It's about 3 AM and I was very, very sleep till about 4 minutes ago.
I was routinely going through security procedures and had put my laptop bag through the security scanner and was being groped by a mustachioed Ben Kingsley lookalike security guy who 
looked like he was enjoying his job.
All through, I waited for my bag to emerge from the grotto. The bag gave a sneak peak, when the Conveyor Belt Guy said 'Peeche lo!, Peeche lo!' (His previous job was as an RTC conductor).They pulled my bag back in, a few beeps and whistles ensue.
The My bag is fished out, and Mr. ex-conductor guy opens the front zipper of the bag, and takes out two screwdrivers and a knife.
This was the moment, 5 minutes ago when my sleep disappeared like India's hopes of winning not badly losing the test series in Sri Lanka.
Epilogue:
I was told that they were merely testing the security equipment and had planted the screw drivers themselves.
And in their glee, they missed the fact that they had not planted a knife my bag.
Much worse, the security test was a failure. It didn't detect my automatic Kalashnikov near the laptop power adapter. Mu ha ha ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment